Today was my last day at work! Hallelujah! I am so excited to finally have some time to myself to enjoy these last few weeks of pregnancy. I have really enjoyed every minute of it so far. I have been so lucky! No sickness, no heartburn, no swelling and no difficulties sleeping. I can't believe how many side effects that I have somehow dodged! :)
On Monday we had our last ultrasound. It was the determining ultrasound because we needed to find out if my placenta was finally where it was supposed to be. If my placenta was still low, then I would have had to have a scheduled c-section at 37 weeks. The ultrasound tech was the same woman we had when we found out the sex of the little man. She was really talkative and helpful. She told us that the little man ain't so little! He is measuring at 37 weeks already and has long legs and arms. He has a little bit of hair on his head and he weighs about 6lbs 15 oz. He is gonna be a BIG boy. I can't even wait to see the chubby little man!
We had a doctor's appointment with Dr. Micks to find out the results from the ultrasound (since we listened to the last ultrasound tech and that didn't end up being correct info...so we didn't even ask this time). As we were walking up to the doctor's office, we see Dr. Micks running to the main hospital. Evidently, she had emergency surgery with one of her patients and therefore we weren't able to find out the results. Totally sucked! We ended up meeting with a different doctor that told us that Dr. Micks would call us tomorrow with the information.
I could hardly wait to hear from Dr. Micks, so I paged her. After I informed her it was not an emergency, she told me that she was waiting to hear from the radiology department for results on the ultrasound. She said that they didn't give her the centimeters distance that my placenta is from my cervix. She said that I can call her anytime, even if it isn't an emergency and she assured me that she would call me back this afternoon. (She is the BEST doc ever!!!) She called me a few hours later and told me the great news......my placenta is so far from my cervix that they don't even need the centimeter distance!!! She said that I don't even have low lying placenta anymore, much less placenta previa. I was estatic. I called Levi and told him the great news and he was over the moon. Dr. Micks said that she was so happy for us that we could continue on with our homebirth plan. I called our midwives, Claudia and Jen and let them know the news.
I had a pizza party at work and finished cleaning off my desk and turning all my work related objects in. It felt so wonderful to be done with the work obligation. Tomorrow is my second shower at my mom-in-laws house with the family. I am looking forward to it. After the amazing shower I had on the 16th (momma's birthday) I can't even imagine receiving any more gifts! Everyone has been so generous, kind and loving. Levi, Lennox and I are so lucky. We are surrounded by the most phenomenal people.
Here is the latest ultrasound picture of the little big man....Lennox Carlyle Paul Henson.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
the lovely ladies
my wonderful friends!
me and daz
the hostess with the mostess
Tracey, me and Ma
ultrasound 34 weeks
lennox henson
3 comments:
Mamma Nona, enjoy your last few weeks before Lennox arrives cuz once he breathes his first breath, sleep will no longer be available to you.
"Party in his crib, 3 am!" Great to hear that all is well and you can continue with your childbirth plans...but have the car keys handy just the same...Enjoy your shower tomorrow...and get some rest. Love ya, OM Sallee
Lennox is perfect and it is so you and Levi! We can't wait to see him Mama Henson!
Josh and Ryan
Nona and Levi:
It is so great to read a bit about your experience as expectant parents. I admire your choice of a home birth, simply awesome. The birth is going to go great. I look forward to hearing more about these last few weeks to and seeing your beautiful new addition.
Christian
Post a Comment