It has been way to long since the last time I posted. Things get busy, but that truly is no excuse. So, as we all know, the little guy is one. He has been such an amazingly curious, energetic, playful and engaging boy. We have a nanny now that spends time with him three days a week and he just adores her! She takes him everywhere with her....Funderland, the Co-op, the zoo, every park in Sacramento County, out to eat, to coffee shops and just driving around town. She is such a wonderful person and tells me daily how much she loves spending time with Leni.
He talks ALL the time! He says: hi, bye-bye, momma, dada, dog, cat, fish, bird, panda, on, off, see ya, more, all done, bath, water, juice, snack, applesauce, bus, car, plane, fast, diaper...the list goes on. He also said his first sentence when we were in Portland the end of last month: bye-bye bus! A bus was really going by at the time which made it all the more special :) He goes up to everyone and says hi, and wants to kiss and hug everyone as well. This makes for interesting trips to the grovery store, let me tell you.
On Monday we had our second trip to the ER. Elyse called me and said that Leni's breathing was labored and that he was wheezing so I came home immediately and took him to the hospital. Turns out he has bronchitis and some asthma. He now has a baby inhaler, which he thinks is a microphone and proceeds to sing into it everytime I give him a treatment.
Life is so busy. I knew that it would be with both Levi and I working full time, Levi coaching one team and all of our plans with family and friends on the weekend, but you really can't prepare for it until it all happens. I am thankful that I am back at work and that I even have a job, but it sure has been a huge transition leaving the little one all day. At this point I only see him about three or four hours a day if I am lucky. On the weekends I try to spend as much time with him as possible, but Levi and I also like to spend some time together and we like to see friends and family as well. Sometimes it feels like we are always running around, but we can't complain about being so blessed to have such wonderful people surrounding us :)
Leni is such a fantastic little man. I am so thankful everyday for his presence in my life. He has taught me so many things about myself and has really made me realize who I am. I know that becoming a parent has humbled me and has allowed me to see my true 'self' not just the person I would like to think I am in my daily life. That has been really eye opening and inspiring. He also makes me want to be the best person I can be, as well as the best mother. Children really change every thing in your life once that arrive...your view of life, your view of what is important and your view of the world in general. I really can't thank him enough for this gift, and I plan to tell him that once he gets old enough to really understand.
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
the lovely ladies
my wonderful friends!
me and daz
the hostess with the mostess
Tracey, me and Ma
ultrasound 34 weeks
lennox henson
No comments:
Post a Comment