Thursday, June 9, 2011

summertime...allegedly

Sacramento in June. Rain?! Things are nuts. We are trying to enjoy ourselves, but this random rain, hail storms and the occasional funnel cloud aren't really working out so well. Leo is now 6 months old. Leni will be a 3 year old in four months. I am always just amazed by the growth that happens weekly with these little ones. Leni will be starting preschool full time in August and Leo will be in daycare a few times a week and with grandma the other days. Levi is going to be off for the summer, and we will finally not have to worry about whether or not he has a job. He is out of town for 9 days (not like I am counting) for a coaches training course in LA. I don't really have any words for this, but I will say that I have already had to close my eyes and count to 10 in my head at least 10 times and he just left this morning. Gonna be a loooooooooong week.

Leo is such a sweet baby. He has been struggling with sleeping at night and this week is baby sleep training boot camp. It is nice that I will be the only one doing the sleep training because Levi loses his mind with the crying it out method. I just cannot continue waking up every three hours or less at night with him and try to function at work. I feel sorry for my clients! I can barely remember what I do for a living when I am so sleep deprived! He still doesn't have any teeth (which I can't believe) but I am positive that they are coming in soon. He is 16lbs and is almost 28 inches long. He is actually mildly chubby which complete rocks my world. I have worked hard to get him some rolly little thighs, let me tell ya! He is rolling over both ways, can stand on his feet when I prop him up on something and is super strong. He is shaking toys all around, eating like a champ (literally he hasn't turned his nose up to anything I have given him) and he likes chewing on lime wedges. Random, I know.

Leni is probably the most entertaining human I have ever known. He is dramatic, silly, hilarious, kind and genuine. He is quite the little singer these days. He watches the show The Voice and is OBSESSED with the contestant Vicci Martinez. She sang Rolling in the Deep for her audition song and he sings it all the time and mimics her movements and everything. He tells me that he 'really, really loves me' everyday, he styles my hair, gives me 'haircuts,' helps me cook, still loves Fairytale town and talks non stop about anything and everything. He loves wearing fake tattoos, loves Caillou on PBS and likes his music loud. He has now turned into Levi's twin right before my very eyes and I just love watching him. He is playing a lot by himself in his room and makes up elaborate stories with his He Man collection and his Toy Story characters.

All I know is that my life is rich and full in every way possible. My family is happy, healthy and beautiful and my heart is full every day. Even when I am stressed out and spread as thin as I think I can be, my heart is touched by my sweet little boys and it makes me remember that I have waited my whole life for these moments--good, bad or otherwise. Life is real good.

No comments:

the lovely ladies

the lovely ladies
my wonderful friends!

me and daz

the hostess with the mostess

Tracey, me and Ma

ultrasound 34 weeks

ultrasound 34 weeks
lennox henson