Tomorrow Leni will be 10 months old. Beyond crazy! He has been hanging out with dad during the day while I work. He has been doing really well with dad, and has even learned some silly new games that his dad has taught him.....they play hide and go seek, a 'chase me' game and a snuggle game with this giraffe rug. He misses me when I leave in the morning for about 30 minutes per his dad's report....he stands at the door saying 'ma, ma, ma, ma' in the most sad voice. He then proceeds to get over it fairly quickly and starts playing with daddy.
I have enjoyed being back at work. It has been very eventful already and I am busy with a good number of clients. My brain has been very overloaded trying to get back into the swing of things. It is very odd being at a desk where it is relatively quiet around me and I can actually accomplish tasks that I start! I can't even believe how much I can get done without a little 10 month old at my heels. I have also been working out at the gym. I am trying to prepare myself to run in my second 1/2 marathon in October. We shall see how that goes; at this point I can run 3 miles without stopping. It feels great to be able to get back into shape again and really put my strength to the test.
Leni was supposed to start daycare tomorrow, but he is sick :( He has his dad's cough and runny nose. We thought he was in the clear, but he somehow got the tail end of the sickness. We took him to daycare last Friday to meet Laurie and all the kiddos and he was in heaven! We put him down, and everyone started laughing at his silly Mowgli-style crawl, and then the kiddos surrounded him and starting handing him toys. He was as happy as a clam and was smiling and laughing at each and every one of them. Daycare is going to be great for him and I am so glad that Laurie is his provider. She is so sweet and loving and all the kids just treat her like she is their family. Leni is going to learn so many things at daycare that I could never teach him on my own. I am really happy how every thing has been going lately. Levi and I are so lucky in so many ways.
We bought Leni some 'big boy' pj's. He is so big now that he is wearing 12 month jammie separates and they are tight on him! It really made me realize how old he is and how he isn't really going to be a baby much longer. He is standing on his own now without needing help pulling himself up, so I am sure that walking will be right around the corner. Levi and I were watching him crawl around the house the other night and it was just so amazing to both of us that we have this little blessing in our life and that he is ours. Babies are so amazing. I am grateful every single day that he is my son. He is our world.
Sunday, August 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
the lovely ladies
my wonderful friends!
me and daz
the hostess with the mostess
Tracey, me and Ma
ultrasound 34 weeks
lennox henson
No comments:
Post a Comment